Sunday, April 18, 2010

Picking Up Where I Left Off

I figure it's about time to resume this blog... it's been 5 months since Ry was born; coincidentally (or not), it's been 5 months since I blogged. I'd love to continue chronicling my adventure in learning to be a father.

What an adventure it is. There are so many complex combinations of emotions that present themselves on a day to day basis that it's exhausting. It's strange to feel such a depth of joy and amazement at her life combined with such a weighty awareness of personal responsibility. My sense of empathy for both her pains and her joys is immense (I almost threw a party when her two teeth came through!).

The result of so much intense and special emotion is a newfound tendency toward introspection and self analysis. I am constantly measuring my actions and assessing my attitudes. I have come to realize the extent of my selfishness and complacency as she requires more and more of me as a father. At once it is the most satisfying and most challenging season of my life so far.

...

Please enjoy the immeasurable cuteness of the picture below. I stinkin' love this kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment